Virginia Packaging Applications Center (VAPAC)
A facility dedicated to hands-on training in the area of
Advanced Manufacturing and Packaging Technology
As part of its mission, Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) provides a variety of workforce training and support services for area employers. To meet current and emerging needs, the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Services not only works closely with business and industry to identify and remediate training issues as they occur, but also to propose comprehensive and affordable training solutions which may assist employers in the development of their long-term plans to increase production goals and upgrade facilities.
The College offers a state-of-the-art training lab for students enrolled in AMPT courses. This facility, known as the Virginia Packaging Applications Center (VAPAC) allows students to have extensive, hands-on skills practice.
VAPAC is a resource for manufacturers seeking:
- Training of technicians who set up, operate, troubleshoot and maintain automated manufacturing machinery
- Industry-standard core equipment and complementary instructional materials
- Expert staff and industry consultants
- Comprehensive curricula, specialized short-term training and preparation for industry-based certifications
- Partnerships with secondary schools and four-year colleges and universities, providing opportunities for seamless curriculum ladders for skill development and career advancement
- Site for research and development project testing and technical support
Click on the box to read
what industry says about VAPAC!!
For more information about training programs in Advanced Manufacturing and Packaging Technology, contact Earl Ray Dodrill, Coordinator for Continuing Education and Workforce Services at 540-863-2902 or email email@example.com.